Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 509
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring 2 1/2 cups chicken stock to a boil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and boil until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate to cool. Shred meat with 2 forks. Reserve stock.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add carrots and celery; saute for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic; cook for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix flour and 2 teaspoons reserved stock in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in more stock until it's thin and lump-free; set aside.
- Pour remaining stock in with mushroom mixture. Add potatoes and bring to a boil. Whisk in flour mixture and bring to a boil. Add half-and-half, peas, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, and shredded chicken. Reduce heat to low and simmer while you prepare the biscuits, adding more stock if necessary.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Mix 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl. Cut in shortening with 2 knives or a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs (this may take a while). Add yogurt and half-and-half and mix just until mixture comes together. Knead a few times, roll out to a 1-inch thickness, and cut with biscuit cutters. Repeat to reuse dough, adding more flour as needed.
- Transfer stew into a 2-quart casserole dish and put biscuits on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until biscuits are cooked and nicely browned on top, 20 to 25 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use turkey instead of chicken and olive oil instead of butter.
Per Serving: 509 calories; 13.7 63 34 81 868 Full nutrition