Instant Pot® Lebanese Lentil Soup (Shorbat Adas)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 456
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Heat olive oil in the pot. Add onion, potato, carrot, tomato, celery, and garlic; cook and stir until starting to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle salt, cumin, cinnamon, and allspice over the vegetables and stir until fragrant.
- Pour in stock, water, and lentils. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 10 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Meanwhile, spread pita squares on a lined baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray and season with salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven until toasted, about 8 minutes.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Puree soup using an immersion blender. Stir in juice of 1 lemon.
- Divide soup among bowls and scatter a handful of pita chips over each. Cut the second lemon into wedges and serve alongside.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- This soup tends to thicken as it sits. You can thin leftovers with some water when reheating.
Per Serving: 456 calories; 8.9 76.7 23.2 0 1139 Full nutrition