1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 229
Original recipe yields 6 servings (12 fritters)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add cod and continue to boil until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain, transfer fish to a bowl, and shred with 2 forks.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion in the hot oil until translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add to fish with water and eggs. Mix flour and baking soda together and add to fish mixture; stir in black pepper and cayenne.
- Measure out scoops of mixture with a tablespoon. Heat oil in a deep pan over medium to low heat. Fry fritters in batches in the hot oil until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes, flattening out with the back of a spoon.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use 1 scallion, chopped, instead of an onion, and paprika or hot sauce instead of cayenne.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 229 calories; 6.3 17 24.7 104 210 Full nutrition