Mahi Sorkh Shodeh (Persian Fried Fish)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 300
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Crush saffron threads to a powder in a small mortar and pestle. Transfer to a small bowl with 1 tablespoon boiling water. Stir, cover, and set saffron water aside.
- Combine flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, turmeric, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder on a large plate.
- Dry fish well with paper towels. Cut into 3-inch long pieces and season with salt. Dredge fish in the flour mixture on all sides.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium to medium-high heat. Add fish and fry on one side until nice and golden, about 7 minutes. Flip fish, drizzle saffron water over top, and fry the other side until golden and fish flakes easily with a fork, about 5 more minutes.
- Transfer fish to a serving platter. Squeeze orange juice over top and serve with orange and lime wedges.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Typically, this dish is prepared with white fish, but easier-to-find cod or halibut also work great.
- If you can find fragrant Seville oranges, use them here for their intoxicating scent and flavorful juice.
Per Serving: 300 calories; 14.9 9.3 31.6 62 842 Full nutrition