Sous Vide Mahi Mahi with Jalapeno-Lime Butter
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 308
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Fill a large pot with water and place a sous vide immersion cooker into the water. Set temperature to 125 degrees F (52 degrees C) according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Cut mahi mahi fillet into 4 equal portions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place fish into 1 large or 4 small vacuum bags and seal using a vacuum sealer. Place bags into the water and set timer for 30 minutes.
- Combine butter, jalapeno, lime juice, lime zest, and smoked paprika in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Carefully remove mahi mahi from the bag and pat dry completely with paper towels.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add mahi mahi, skin-side up, to shimmering oil. Sear until lightly browned, 30 to 45 seconds. Remove immediately from heat and serve each portion with a dollop of jalapeno-lime butter.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- When searing, you must work quickly in order not to overcook the fish. Get your pan as hot as possible.
- If you don't own a vacuum sealer, you may use resealable plastic bags. To seal your bags, slowly lower the bag into the water, letting the water pressure force the air out of the bag, then seal closed.
Per Serving: 308 calories; 19.5 0.5 31.7 155 271 Full nutrition