Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 310
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 18x13x1-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine butter, water, and cocoa powder in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir together and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in sugar and vanilla extract. Set aside and allow to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Whisk together buttermilk and eggs in a small bowl. Combine gluten-free flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, mixing well. Add buttermilk-egg mixture, followed by cocoa mixture. Stir batter well until no lumps remain. Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the cake is starting to pull from the sides of the pan, 25 to 35 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before frosting.
- Combine butter, cocoa powder, and milk in a saucepan over medium heat to make the frosting. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat once milk is boiling and whisk in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Pour frosting over the warm cake and spread evenly over the tops and the sides with a spatula. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Allow cake and frosting to cool completely before serving, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute soured milk for the buttermilk.
Per Serving: 310 calories; 16 42.3 2.9 46 195 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1