Strawberry-Filled Cinnamon Rolls
4 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 446
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 cinnamon rolls)
- Mix warm water and yeast for rolls together in a small bowl until dissolved. Let sit until bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine butter, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Add hot water and whisk until butter is melted. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then mix in egg. Mix in yeast mixture, followed by 2 cups flour, mixing on high speed with the whisk attachment. Change to the dough hook attachment, add remaining flour, and mix until a nice ball of dough forms.
- Place dough into an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise until doubled in size, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface into a 1/2-inch thick rectangle.
- Mix melted butter and jam for filling together in a small bowl. Spread evenly over dough and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough and pinch edges to seal. Cut into 12 equal rolls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and firm to the touch when pressed gently in the center, about 20 minutes.
- While the rolls are baking, combine softened butter, milk, jam, and vanilla extract for frosting in a large bowl; beat until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, mixing until smooth. Add frosting with a pastry brush to warm cinnamon rolls.
You might also like
Per Serving: 446 calories; 19.4 62.7 6 62 110 Full nutrition