Uncle Frank's Italian "S" Cookies
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 137
Original recipe yields 36 servings (36 cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, sugar, shortening, milk, eggs, baking powder, and almond extract in a bowl by hand until smooth.
- Form dough into a 1-inch thick log. Cut small portions and roll into 3-inch long pieces, then shape into "S" shapes. Place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet briefly before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use vanilla extract for almond extract, and 4 small eggs instead of 3 large eggs. 3 large or 4 small eggs
- Make an optional frosting by mixing confectioners' sugar and milk, as needed, until smooth. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. Frost top of cookie and, if desired, sprinkle with decoration sprinkles. Let air dry and enjoy.
Per Serving: 137 calories; 6.3 17.7 2.2 16 61 Full nutrition