Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 111
Original recipe yields 40 servings (40 cookies)
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Cream sugar, butter, and shortening together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs. Beat in lemon extract. Add flour mixture gradually, beating well to combine. Wrap dough in waxed paper and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Place the dough on a lightly-floured surface. Break off golf ball-sized pieces of dough. Roll each piece into a rope about 7 inches long and 1/2 inch in diameter. Tie into a knot with one end poking up in the center. Place 1-inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
- While cookies bake, combine confectioners' sugar, milk, and lemon extract in a bowl for icing until smooth.
- Transfer baked cookies to a wire rack to cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Spread icing evenly on top of the slightly warm cookies and add sprinkles.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use almond or vanilla extract in both the cookies and icing instead of lemon, and you can use half-and-half instead of milk.
Per Serving: 111 calories; 4.3 16.1 1.7 25 90 Full nutrition