Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 379
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 Bundt(R) cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R)).
- Bring 1/2 cup milk to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat and add bittersweet chocolate. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth, then let cool for 30 minutes.
- Stir all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Beat sugar and margarine in a large bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating briefly after each addition. Mix in Irish cream liqueur and cooled chocolate mixture. Add flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with buttermilk, stirring batter briefly after each addition. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top springs back when lightly touched, 50 to 55 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Tap the pan a few times and shake it gently to loosen cake. Invert carefully onto a serving plate and let cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat milk and oil for ganache in a saucepan over medium heat until boiling. Remove from the heat and add milk chocolate. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth, then let cool for 15 minutes. Spread onto cooled cake.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- For those sensitive to lactose, you can substitute soy or rice milk for the milk.
- Omit salt if using salted margarine.
- Yogurt can be used in place of buttermilk, and bittersweet chocolate can be used in the ganache instead of milk chocolate.
Per Serving: 379 calories; 20.9 41.7 6 51 235 Full nutrition