Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 501
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place beef in a bowl and season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Mix in flour to dredge the beef.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add cardamom, bay leaf, and beef. Increase heat to medium and cook until meat turns from red to pinkish-brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to the pot; stir and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add beef stock and cook until beef is no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat sunflower oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Lower potatoes carefully into the hot oil and fry until tender on the inside, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Add potatoes to the beef-tomato mixture and cook for 2 more minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Vegetable stock can be used instead of beef stock.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 501 calories; 28.5 42.8 19.4 59 129 Full nutrition