Pesto Farro with Spring Veggies
3 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 421
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine water and farro in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, uncovered, until farro is creamy and water is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in pesto, 1/2 of the lemon zest, 1/2 of the lemon juice, parsley, salt, and pepper. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cover the bottom of a skillet with a small amount of water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and peas. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and season vegetables with remaining lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Divide farro among 4 bowls. Top with vegetables and garnish with chives.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use frozen peas if preferred.
Per Serving: 421 calories; 16.2 64.8 15.3 5 173 Full nutrition