Instant Pot® Lentil Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I fell in love with lentil soup in the Middle East. This lentil soup is a richly textured, warming soup with complex depths of flavor. This recipe is simple but delightfully intense, and will bring you back to starry desert nights. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese, a dollop of yogurt, and a bit of fresh parsley on top."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 254
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Warm olive oil for 3 minutes. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. Cook until onion is soft and translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with cumin, coriander, turmeric, salt, white pepper, fennel, and chile powder. Cook for 2 more minutes. Stir in tomato paste.
- Pour in broth and water. Stir in lentils and squash. Crumble bouillon cube over the top and mix well, scraping the bottom of the pan to remove any browned bits. Cancel Saute Mode.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 8 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions for 10 minutes. Open valve to vent remaining steam, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Mix in lemon juice and toss kale leaves just on top of the soup. Replace lid and allow kale to steam for about 5 minutes. Remove lid and adjust seasonings, if desired, before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can also use 1 large chicken bouillon cube instead of vegetable bouillon.
- Use red lentils instead of green, if preferred.
- Substitute lime juice for lemon juice if preferred.
Per Serving: 254 calories; 8 35.6 12.4 0 547 Full nutrition