Grilled Patty Melts
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 781
Original recipe yields 3 servings (3 patty melts)
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Pat out three 1/3-pound hamburger patties, pressing each patty down with your index and middle fingers to get a nice, flat burger instead of a ball. Season patties on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cook on the preheated grill until no longer pink in the centers, 10 to 12 minutes, flipping halfway. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Increase heat to medium-low, add onion, and saute until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place 3 slices of bread on the grill. Top each with a slice of American cheese, a cooked patty, sauteed onions, a slice of Swiss cheese, and the remaining bread. Grill sandwiches until cheese melts, about 1 minute per side.
You might also like
Per Serving: 781 calories; 50.1 36.3 44.8 166 1094 Full nutrition