Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 1002
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 large patty melts)
- Mix ground beef, garlic, water, and pepper in a bowl. Form into 4 large patties and place in the refrigerator to chill while onions cook.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; stir in onion and sprinkle cumin over top. Saute until onions are light brown and limp, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove onions to a bowl.
- Slice sausage lengthwise into 4 pieces. Place in the hot skillet and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- Take patties out of the refrigerator and place in the skillet. Cook until no longer pink in the center, 3 to 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (71 degrees C). Top each patty with a slice of American cheese; cook until cheese begins to melt, 1 to 2 minutes. Add a sausage slice to each patty. Remove patties to a plate.
- Butter all bread slices on one side. Place 4 pieces bread, buttered-sides down, in the skillet. Place patties on top, add mustard to taste, top with sauteed onions, and place the remaining bread, buttered-sides up, on top. Cook until light brown and toasted, about 2 minutes per side.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If you can't find linguica you may substitute Mexican chorizo or Portuguese chourico sausage.
- The water added to the hamburger mixture helps to keep the burger moist.
Per Serving: 1002 calories; 67.7 48.7 48.6 171 1465 Full nutrition