Instant Pot® Shrimp Risotto
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"How can risotto be easy and quick? Use your Instant Pot®! This shrimp risotto comes together in a snap. With a few ingredients, the dish will elevate a weeknight, or impress your guests. The electric pressure cooker eliminates most of the stirring of a classic risotto, and it frees you up to throw together a salad and slice up some crusty bread while it cooks for you!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 590
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Heat seafood stock in a microwave-safe container for about 3 minutes on High. Leave in the microwave until ready to use.
- Slice green onions. Separate green and white parts.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add garlic and white part of the green onions. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until onion has softened and garlic is fragrant, about 2 1/2 minutes. Add rice and thyme. Saute, stirring occasionally, until rice begins to have a little color, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in wine and cook, stirring, until wine evaporates, about 30 seconds. Stir in the heated seafood stock, making sure contents of the pot move freely. Turn off Saute function.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Add shrimp, peas, and reserved green onion tops. Close the lid and allow the shrimp to cook using the Keep Warm function, about 7 minutes. Open lid and check to see if shrimp are done.
- Add grated Parmesan cheese and remaining 1 tablespoon butter, stirring until butter is melted. Serve with fresh parsley and lemon wedges.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Large or frozen shrimp will take longer to cook through.
Per Serving: 590 calories; 15.4 77.3 32.6 208 713 Full nutrition