Smoky Irish Wolfhound
"Based off an Irish Wolfhound cocktail I had at a local restaurant, I decided to create my own with a unique twist - smoke! The hint of smoky flavor is just enough to balance out the sweet and spicy ginger beer and tang from the grapefruit juice. Use a high-quality Irish whiskey for best results! Depending on the size of your grapefruit, you just might have enough juice left to make another cocktail or two!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 193
Original recipe yields 2 servings (2 cocktails)
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Cut grapefruit in half crosswise. Cut a slice from one of the halves, about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle both sides of the grapefruit slice with smoked salt.
- Place grapefruit halves cut-side down on hot grill, along with grapefruit slice. Grill until slightly charred and grill marks appear, flipping the slice halfway through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from grill and let cool. Squeeze the juice from both halves and set aside. Cut grapefruit slice into 6 wedges.
- Add 2 slices of ginger and 4 wedges of sliced grapefruit to a cocktail shaker. Use a muddler to slightly crush the crystallized ginger and grapefruit. Fill the shaker with ice cubes, whiskey, and 3 fluid ounces of grapefruit juice. Cover and shake until chilled, 15 to 20 seconds.
- Fill 2 rocks glasses with crushed ice and divide cocktail amongst the 2 glasses. Top each glass with 1 fluid ounce of ginger beer. Garnish with remaining grapefruit wedges and crystallized ginger.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Fever Tree® also makes a smoky ginger ale that tastes excellent in this drink.
Per Serving: 193 calories; 0.2 22.8 1 0 591 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1