Chocolate Cake from Scratch
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Excellent chocolate cake from scratch with a twist. The coffee adds an extra dimension to the flavor. This has been everyone's favorite for years. A great recipe when paired with a cream cheese frosting. Very moist and enjoyable. You won't go back to a boxed cake again. Also makes great cupcakes."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 240
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 10x13-inch cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10x13-inch baking pan.
- Combine flour, sifted cocoa, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl. Combine milk, coffee, and vanilla extract in a 2-cup liquid measuring cup.
- Combine sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with milk mixture, beating batter briefly after each addition. Batter will be very runny. Pour batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can also make a 2-layer 9-inch round cake or 24 cupcakes.
Per Serving: 240 calories; 8.4 40 3.6 22 203 Full nutrition