Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 866
Original recipe yields 8 servings (16 tacos)
- Cut each tilapia fillet into 2 strips each.
- Mix olive oil, chili powder, cumin, coriander, and garlic paste together for marinade. Add fish strips, coat well, and set aside to soak.
- Mix tomatoes, avocado, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, garlic salt, and black pepper together in a bowl for pico de gallo.
- Mix mayonnaise and sour cream for sauce together and spoon into a zip-top bag; set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry fish strips in the hot oil until they are opaque and flaky, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest.
- Cut off a small corner from the zip-top bag and drizzle some sauce into each tortilla. Place fish onto sauce, spoon on pico de gallo, sprinkle with cabbage, and finish by piping more sauce over the top. Fold and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Dice the avocado as small as you dice the tomatoes. You can use a bag of coleslaw instead of shredded cabbage, and parsley instead of cilantro, if you like.
- Make fish tostadas by grilling a corn tortilla, topping the round with torn/cut/broken fish strips, sprinkling with pico de gallo and cabbage, then drizzling with sauce.
- Make coleslaw with any leftover shredded cabbage and sauce! Just add salt, white sugar, vinegar, and ground black pepper to taste.
- If you have a gas stove, put each tortilla directly on the metal grate until char marks appear on the tortilla, roughly 30 seconds per side.
Per Serving: 866 calories; 49.4 71.7 35.7 60 800 Full nutrition