Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 467
Original recipe yields 6 servings (12 tacos)
- Whisk cider vinegar, vegetable oil, and salt together in a small bowl. Combine cabbage, scallions, and cilantro in a separate bowl. Pour vinegar mixture over top and toss to coat; set cabbage slaw aside.
- Combine chili powder, salt, coriander, cumin, and pepper in a bowl. Pat fish dry and rub with vegetable oil. Rub fish evenly with spice mixture. Place fish on a wire rack and refrigerate until grill is ready.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat with the lid down for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the grill is heating, combine mayonnaise, 1/2 of the lime juice, chipotle peppers, and garlic in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Scrape the hot grill grate until clean. Dip a paper towel in vegetable oil and quickly rub it over the grate. Lay fish on the grill, perpendicular to the bars of the grate.
- Cook until fish is opaque and flakes apart when gently prodded, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, tent loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest for 5 minutes. Tear fish apart into a bowl and pour remaining lime juice over top.
- Place several tortillas in a single layer on the grill and cook until warm, about 10 seconds per side. Transfer to a tortilla warmer and repeat to warm remaining tortillas.
- Smear warm tortillas with mayonnaise mixture, then add fish, cabbage slaw, and queso fresco.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use 1-inch thick skinless mahi mahi fillets or red snapper as a substitute for tilapia, if preferred.
Per Serving: 467 calories; 28.6 32.5 22.4 44 912 Full nutrition