Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 187
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 muffins)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- Place pecans on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl with brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix until coated; set aside.
- Meanwhile, sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Mix milk, vanilla extract, and coffee granules together in another bowl.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl; beat with an electric mixer until sugar granules have dissolved and mixture is smooth and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating briefly after each addition. Beat in applesauce until smooth and creamy. Add flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with milk mixture, beating only until incorporated.
- Spread 1 tablespoon batter into each prepared cupcake liner, making sure it covers the bottom. Add 1/2 tablespoon of pecan filling on top of each. Cover with remaining batter and top with remaining filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 18 to 25 minutes. Cool in the tins for 10 minutes before putting onto cooling racks to cool completely.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use 1 packet of Starbucks® Via® Instant Italian Roast coffee in place of the coffee granules.
- You can also bake this in a greased 9x13-inch pan or glass casserole dish. Alternate batter, filling, batter, and filling, and serve it right out of the pan/dish. Adjust baking time accordingly.
- You can also use a greased fluted tube pan (such as Bundt®). Because you will be flipping the cake after baking, alternate filling, batter, filling, and batter. Adjust baking time accordingly.
Per Serving: 187 calories; 8.2 26.4 2.8 42 107 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1