Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 443
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 small Bundt(R) cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 6-cup fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R)) with coconut oil.
- Sift tapioca starch, rice flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt for the cake together in a bowl. Beat egg whites in a separate glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until foamy.
- Cream white sugar, brown sugar, butter, shortening, and agave in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light, 4 to 5 minutes. Mix in egg yolk and beaten egg whites, then mix in yogurt and vanilla extract. Gradually add flour mixture on low speed until just combined. Stir batter with a spatula to be sure it is completely mixed.
- Mix brown sugar, rice flour, almond meal, tapioca starch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl for streusel topping. Cut in butter with 2 knives or a pastry blender until the mixture resembles sand, then stir in nuts. Spoon 1/3 of the streusel into the prepared pan and top with 1/2 of the cake batter. Spread batter with a knife to flatten, then sprinkle with 3/4 cup streusel. Spoon the remaining batter into the pan, spread to flatten, and scatter remaining streusel on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk confectioners' sugar and maple syrup together in a bowl, adding water if necessary, until glaze is runny. Drizzle as much glaze as you like over the cake, reserving some for the top. Allow glaze to soak in, about 10 minutes. Carefully invert carefully onto a serving plate and drizzle remaining glaze along the top. Allow cake to soak up glaze before serving, about 10 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I used coconut oil to grease the Bundt® pan, but any oil can be used.
Per Serving: 443 calories; 22.6 58.5 4.1 48 228 Full nutrition