Healthier Alfredo Sauce with Shrimp and Broccoli
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 328
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place bacon in a large frying pan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mostly but not fully cooked, about 6 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add broccoli, and saute until bright green and crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour broccoli and bacon into a bowl lined with a paper towel to absorb excess oil; discard paper towel and toss broccoli mixture with lemon juice.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a deep saucepan over medium heat until bubbling. Whisk in flour to create a roux; continue whisking until mixture turns golden brown, about 3 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk until smooth. Reduce heat to low, add cream cheese, and whisk until no lumps remain. Stir in chicken broth, increase heat to medium, and simmer until thick, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese and Italian cheese; stir until incorporated. Stir in Greek yogurt. Add shrimp and cook until bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in broccoli-bacon mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and garnish with parsley.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use chicken instead of shrimp, but saute the chicken with the bacon before adding the broccoli.
- Cornstarch can be used instead of flour to make the dish gluten free, just mix it into the broth.
Per Serving: 328 calories; 20.5 13 23.7 129 954 Full nutrition