Chocolate Cream-Filled Cupcakes with Fudge Icing
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 337
Original recipe yields 30 servings (30 cupcakes)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Coat 30 cupcake cups with butter and flour.
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Beat milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract together in another large bowl; slowly add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each about 1/2 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed, 15 to 17 minutes. Take cupcakes out of tins and let cool completely, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine confectioners' sugar, butter, shortening, milk, vanilla extract, and salt for filling together in a bowl; beat until well whipped. Reserve about 1 1/2 cups of filling mixture for decorating cupcakes. Add marshmallow creme to the rest of the filling. Fill a pastry bag fitted with a long, thin tip with the marshmallow mixture. Pipe into cooled cupcakes; let cream settle.
- Mix confectioners' sugar, cocoa, butter, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract together for icing in a bowl until creamy. Mix in chocolate chips and corn syrup. Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave mixture on high for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat process until smooth.
- Dip the tops of the cupcakes into the fudge icing and set aside to dry.
- While icing is drying, place reserved filling for decorating into another pastry bag fitted with a writing tip. Decorate cupcakes as desired.
You might also like
Per Serving: 337 calories; 15 49.6 3.1 25 161 Full nutrition