Hawaiian Hush Puppies
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 79
Original recipe yields 50 servings (50 hush puppies)
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or large saucepan to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- Mix canned corn, pineapple, cornmeal, flour, Cheddar cheese, onion, sugar, eggs, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Drop as many teaspoonfuls of batter into the hot oil that the pan will allow; cook until golden brown or until they float to the top, about 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with any remaining batter.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- For thicker batter, use a little more cornmeal until the batter has the consistency of drop biscuits.
- You can use your choice of shredded cheese.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 79 calories; 3 11.5 1.8 10 83 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1