Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 402
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 10-inch fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R)). Fit the bottom with a trimmed sheet of parchment paper and lightly grease the parchment.
- Whisk flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Whisk beer, buttermilk, and butter together in a separate, small bowl. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients all at once. Whisk just until the batter is smooth; pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top gently springs back when touched and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, run a thin metal spatula around the sides of the pan to loosen it; leave in the pan to cool for 5 minutes. Gently remove the cake and let cool completely on a rack before removing the sheet of parchment.
- Whip heavy cream, powdered sugar, and whiskey together in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks have formed, about 3 minutes. Serve alongside the cake.
Per Serving: 402 calories; 19 54.5 4.7 58 328 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I loved this cake. Very rich in flavor and not to sweet! Next time I am going to make very large muffins with this recipe.
The cake is amazing. Note, be sure the beer is room temperature or it will make the butter hard. The whipped cream did not have much taste. I think next time we will add a little flavor. Also...
I decreased the sugar by 1/4 cup and the butter by 1/2 stick. It still came out beautifully intact and delicious. I didn't have the flat bundt cake mold but improvised with the regular mold only...