Pears and Dried Fruits in a Tagine
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 266
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Wash lemon and remove peel with a knife, trying to keep it in one long string. Squeeze juice from 1/2 of the lemon into a small saucepan. Add honey, cinnamon stick, and vanilla bean. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until fragrant and syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange pears, core-sides up, in a tagine. Add prunes, apricots, almonds, and lemon peel around the pears and on top if necessary. Pour lemon juice mixture over top allowing cinnamon stick and vanilla bean halves to fall into the tagine. Cover.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and take off the cover, allowing any condensation to fall back into the tagine. Turn pears over and add pine nuts. Replace the cover and cook for 10 minutes. Turn the oven off, and allow the tagine to sit in the hot oven until sauce thickens a bit, about 10 minutes. Serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use agave in place of honey.
Per Serving: 266 calories; 7 54.2 4.7 0 5 Full nutrition