Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 29
Original recipe yields 84 servings (7 dozen)
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat softened butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until the mixture looks like overwhipped whipped cream. Add egg yolk and vanilla extract; mix well. Add dry ingredients. Use a spatula to mix them in until evenly moistened.
- Divide the dough into thirds or quarters and knead a little bit on a large sheet of waxed paper. Gather into a ball, then shape into a 1 1/2-inch cylinder or square tube. Wrap up with the waxed paper, pushing in the sides so that the tube is evenly thick from left to right. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour, and up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice dough into 1/4-inch thick cookies with a sharp knife. Arrange on the baking sheets, spacing them 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely before eating.
You might also like
Per Serving: 29 calories; 1.6 3.3 0.4 6 6 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1