Slow Cooker Pork Stew
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 20 m servings 462
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Mix flour, mustard powder, pepper, and salt together in a large bowl. Add pork and stir until fully coated.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add some pork to the hot oil, making sure skillet is not overcrowded, and cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a slow cooker and repeat with remaining pork.
- Add remaining flour mixture to the skillet with a little more oil if needed. Cook and stir until lightly browned; transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add 2 cups vegetable stock to the slow cooker and stir until all flour lumps are gone. Add onions and wine.
- Cover and cook on High for 3 hours. Stir and season with salt and pepper, if necessary. Add more vegetable stock if too thick. Add carrots and yams and cook for another 2 hours. Add apples and cook until tender, 30 to 60 more minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use vegetable oil instead of canola oil, sweet potatoes instead of yams, water instead of vegetable stock, and apple juice instead of wine.
Per Serving: 462 calories; 8 68 22.7 49 401 Full nutrition