Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 40 m servings 226
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Combine ginger, garlic powder, rosemary, thyme, salt, and wasabi powder in a small bowl.
- Heat a large stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Rub spice mixture all over pork and transfer to the hot pot. Brown for 8 to 10 minutes per side.
- Add water, soy sauce, star anise, and green onion. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook for 1 1/2 hours, occasionally basting with cooking liquid. Turn roast over, cover, and continue to cook and baste until fork-tender, about 1 1/2 hours more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Remove from the pot and place on a serving dish. Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 226 calories; 14.1 2.2 21.5 78 1522 Full nutrition