Dutch Oven Pulled Pork
Willard Joe Weaver
"A wonderful oven-roasted BBQ pulled pork made with about any pork roast in a Dutch oven. Low and slow roasting up above the juices is the key. Serve by itself or on buns. I like mine with coleslaw and a root beer-BBQ sauce on multi-grain buns. Baked beans are a nice side dish, too."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 40 m servings 160
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F (104 degrees C). Place a small rack inside a Dutch oven.
- Rub pork roast with barbecue spice rub and place on the rack in the prepared Dutch oven.
- Cover and cook in the preheated oven until roast is fork-tender, about 8 hours.
- Shred the roast with 2 forks and return meat to the Dutch oven with some of the roasting juices and a generous amount of barbeque sauce.
- Let simmer over medium heat for at least 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Using a rack inside the Dutch oven helps keep the roast out of the juices while cooking, and actually prevents it from drying out. If you don't have a rack, you can use an overturned disposable pie pan with holes pierced in it.
Per Serving: 160 calories; 4.5 15.5 13.2 40 722 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1