Adam's Brown Sugar Pulled Pork
8 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 6 h 20 m servings 502
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Combine 4 cups water, sugar, and salt in a 7- to 9-quart Dutch oven. Add pork shoulder, skin-side up. The meat should be just about covered by water but if not, add a little more. Cover and put in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Remove the Dutch oven from the refrigerator and drain and discard brine.
- Cover and cook in the preheated oven, drizzling juices from the bottom of the pot over the roast with a baster to keep it moist every 45 minutes, 5 to 7 hours. Coat top of roast with brown sugar, use juices to wet brown sugar, and continue to cook until meat is tender and soft, about 1 hour longer.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board, remove shoulder bone, and shred meat. Return shredded meat to the Dutch oven and mix with juices. Serve.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of brine ingredients. The actual amount of brine consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 502 calories; 25 37.8 30.6 114 11766 Full nutrition