Apricot-Pineapple Coffee Cake
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Avon- status quo PRO
"Beautiful, in-season apricots were my inspiration for this coffee cake. I created it for a get-together with friends for our annual porch party. Because it was an evening event, it became a dessert. Great on its own for a morning coffee cake or served in the evening as a dessert topped with vanilla bean ice cream."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 321
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 7x10-inch cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 7x10-inch baking pan.
- Combine apricots, pineapple, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine buttermilk, melted butter, egg, and almond extract in another bowl. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients alternately with fruit mixture with a wooden spoon; do not beat. Fold in 1/2 cup almonds. Spread into the prepared baking pan.
- Combine flour, butter, brown sugar, coconut, almonds, and cinnamon for topping together until a crumbly mixture is achieved. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the cake batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Allow to cool for about 30 minutes before cutting into it.
You might also like
Per Serving: 321 calories; 12.5 47.3 6.2 36 237 Full nutrition