Shredded Chicken and Cheese Taquitos
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 536
Original recipe yields 5 servings (10 taquitos)
- Place chicken in a single layer in the bottom of a large saucepan. Pour in cool water until chicken is covered by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 10 to 14 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Transfer chicken to a cutting board and shred meat with 2 forks when cool enough to handle. Discard poaching liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add shredded chicken, olives, chiles, water, and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Add Mexican cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Warm tortillas on a griddle over medium-high heat until soft, about 10 seconds per side. Add chicken filling to each tortilla, roll up tightly, and place seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are brown, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use corn tortillas instead of flour.
Per Serving: 536 calories; 26.1 44.3 29.8 79 1857 Full nutrition