0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 433
Original recipe yields 8 servings (16 taquitos)
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, squash, carrot, and vegetarian patty. Cook and stir until vegetables are soft and tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Add taco seasoning and stir to combine. Set aside and let cool.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in another frying pan over medium heat. Dip a corn tortilla into the hot oil with tongs. Wait for 3 seconds, flip, and cook another 3 seconds; remove to paper towels to drain and cool. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Stir Cheddar cheese into the cooled filling mixture. Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of filling down the center of one tortilla and roll up; repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Place as many taquitos into the hot oil that will fit, seam side-down, using tongs. Cook until the bottoms are golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and continue to cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove to paper towels to drain. Repeat to cook remaining taquitos.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use safflower oil instead of sunflower.
- Instead of using a package of taco seasoning, you can substitute a mixture of onion powder, garlic powder, ground cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- You can use toothpicks to hold the taquitos together at first, if needed when frying.
Per Serving: 433 calories; 32.6 29.2 8.2 9 393 Full nutrition