Italian Cookies with Anise
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 106
Original recipe yields 36 servings (36 cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat butter and sugar for dough together in a bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, vanilla extract, and anise extract and blend. Combine flour and baking powder in a separate bowl; stir into butter mixture until blended.
- Take a ping pong-sized ball of dough and roll between your hands to form a rope. Connect the ends and twist into a figure 8 shape. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in batches in the preheated oven until edges are golden, about 10 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix milk into confectioners' sugar for icing, stirring slowly. Add the anise extract and vanilla extract.
- Dip cooled cookies into the icing face-down and lay on wax paper or a wire rack.
You might also like
Per Serving: 106 calories; 3.1 17.8 1.7 22 27 Full nutrition