Italian Cookies with Icing
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 108
Original recipe yields 60 servings (60 cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift flour and baking powder together into a bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in almond extract. Add flour mixture, 1 cup at a time; mix on low speed until incorporated. Roll batter into teaspoon-sized balls and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in batches in the preheated oven until edges are golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While cookies are baking, beat confectioners' sugar, milk, and almond extract for icing in a bowl until smooth.
- Set cooled cookies close together on a cookie sheet. Frost with icing and sprinkle with nonpareils.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If you use vanilla or anise extract in the cookies instead of almond, be sure to match it in the icing.
- You can also dip the cookies in the icing, or put the icing in a zip-top bag, snip the corner, and drizzle it, which is easier and takes less time.
Per Serving: 108 calories; 3.7 16.6 2 27 57 Full nutrition