Air Fryer Chicken Kiev
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Soup Loving Nicole
"Chicken Kiev is not a last-minute thing but one that takes planning and is well worth the effort. It's crispy on the outside while the butter mixture flavors the chicken throughout but still leaves that pop of butter when you cut it open. Traditionally it is deep-fried first prior to being baked, but this recipe eliminates that step and cooks it from start to finish in the air fryer, making it a healthier and quicker alternative."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 782
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Mix butter, parsley, garlic, and salt together in a bowl until evenly combined. Divide herbed butter in half and place on a baking sheet. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Place chicken on a clean work surface and season with salt and pepper. Place 1/2 of the herbed butter in the center of each pounded chicken breast. Gather the sides of the chicken up around the butter mixture. Cover each ball of chicken in plastic wrap and twist to secure. Place back on the baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place flour in a bowl, beaten egg in a second bowl, and panko and paprika in a third bowl. Remove plastic from chicken. Dredge each chicken breast first in flour, then in beaten egg, and finally in panko bread crumb mixture.
- Place breaded chicken in the basket of the air fryer. Spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Air fry for 5 minutes. Spray with nonstick spray again and cook for 5 minutes more. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 782 calories; 35.1 63.7 63.5 292 1826 Full nutrition