Cabbage Roll Soup for a Crowd
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 328
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and cook ground beef and pork until browned and crumbly, about 5 minutes. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Drain meat in a colander and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in the same pot, add onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Pour in red wine and deglaze the pot, scraping off all the browned bits of the bottom. Cook until wine evaporates, 3 to 5 minutes. Mix in cabbage and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Add browned beef, tomato puree, beef broth, diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat, and simmer until cabbage is soft, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and brown sugar to the soup and cook for 5 minutes. Spoon 3 tablespoons of rice into the bottom of each bowl and spoon soup mixture over the rice. Add a few drops of Sriracha sauce to each bowl.
You might also like
Per Serving: 328 calories; 12.5 35.6 18.4 43 1135 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Hubby said it was awesome, i did forget the brown sugar and lemon wonder if he would have given it 5 stars if i had remembered.