Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Buttermilk Biscuit Breakfast Sandwich
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 424
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 sandwiches)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a large bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, 3 to 4 minutes. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, pour in 1 cup buttermilk, and stir just until combined.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Pat and roll into a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick. Use a 3-inch biscuit cutter to cut out 6 biscuits. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and brush the top of each biscuit with remaining buttermilk.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer biscuits to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels.
- Combine eggs and water in a bowl and whisk vigorously until smooth; set aside. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Swirl skillet to coat with butter; heat until just barely bubbling. Pour eggs into the center of the skillet, so butter gets pushed out to the sides.
- Cook until edges of the eggs barely start to set. Gently scramble all the way around the pan using a spatula, creating large, soft curds. Sprinkle cheese onto the eggs at this point. Continue cooking, pausing in between to allow time for the cheese to melt and eggs to firm, gently pushing and folding the eggs to form large curds, about 3 minutes total. Do not allow the eggs to cook completely or eggs will turn chewy and rubbery. Remove from heat.
- Slice biscuits in half and top bottom halves with scrambled eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Add 2 bacon pieces per biscuit, and finish with the biscuit tops. Serve immediately.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Since these are breakfast sandwiches, I used a large 3-inch cutter. If you prefer smaller sandwiches, feel free to use the standard 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter.
Per Serving: 424 calories; 24.4 34.9 15.8 151 1061 Full nutrition