Vegan Spaghetti and (Beyond) Meatballs
4 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 692
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Dice tomatoes and return them to the can with their juice.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic to the hot oil and saute, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Stir in diced tomatoes and their juice, tomato sauce, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until well blended. Bring sauce to a simmer and reduce heat to low. Let simmer while preparing meatballs.
- Combine beef substitute with bread crumbs, parsley, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in a bowl; mix until ingredients are well combined. Roll the mixture into twelve 1 1/2-inch balls.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add meatballs to the pan and saute, turning occasionally, until all sides are browned and a bit crisp, about 10 minutes total. Reduce heat to low.
- Pour simmering tomato sauce over the meatballs and mix. Simmer sauce with meatballs for an additional 10 minutes. Serve meatballs and sauce over spaghetti.
You might also like
Per Serving: 692 calories; 21.5 85.9 14.2 0 1815 Full nutrition