Japanese Air-Fried Pork Tonkatsu
4 made it | 0 reviews |
"Tonkatsu is a Japanese version of deep-fried pork chops with a special tangy sauce. Though the air fryer will never duplicate a true deep-fried taste, the appliance is fast, cleanup is a breeze, and there is no used oil to store. Tonkatsu is usually served with raw cabbage, but use this handy air fryer technique, call it "fried pork chops", and serve with your family favorites. I won't tell them it's Japanese, if you don't!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 331
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Stir together eggs, avocado oil, and salt in a small bowl. Place panko crumbs on a separate plate.
- Set a length of parchment or waxed paper about 15 inches long on a platter or cutting board.
- Dip each pork chop into the egg mixture, allowing excess to drip back into the bowl, then turn chops in panko crumbs. Cover the top of the chop with crumbs and press down to encourage them to stick. Place coated chops on the prepared parchment or waxed paper. Repeat until all chops are coated with panko crumbs on both sides.
- Spray both sides of each pork chop with cooking spray and place 2 or 3 chops into the air fryer basket, depending on the size of the basket.
- Air fry for 6 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), about 5 minutes more. Transfer chops to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining chops.
- Serve chops with rice, shredded Savoy cabbage, and tonkatsu sauce.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Cooking spray is used to enhance browning.
- Tonkatsu sauce can be purchased at any Asian market or you can make your own. Or you can serve the pork chops American-style with your favorite barbecue sauce.
- Air fryer brands differ in performance and capacity. Total cooking time depends on the number of batches for your appliance.
Per Serving: 331 calories; 10.5 44.7 19.4 87 341 Full nutrition