Hamburger Stew with Gravy
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I prepare this hamburger stew with gravy the night before and store in the refrigerator in a covered bowl. Then I dump everything in a slow cooker before heading to work. Walk in the door to a wonderful savory stew that goes great with a fresh loaf of French bread to sop up every drop."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 30 m servings 234
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef with onion and garlic in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer mixture to a slow cooker.
- Pour beef broth, water, condensed soup, mushrooms, potatoes, carrots, celery, gravy mix, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, pepper, and bay leaf into the slow cooker. Stir, cover, and cook on Low for 8 hours.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I keep a small bowl in the freezer that I dump leftover veggies from other meals. This bowl of assorted pre-cooked veggies gets dumped in 30 minutes before serving.
- For those who love a tomato-flavored stew, add 2 small cans of V8®!
- Even if you don't like some veggies, if you cook them, puree, and add to this dish you will love the flavor and not have the chunks! A trick to get the grandkids to eat is to puree veggies and hide them in the pot!
Per Serving: 234 calories; 8.2 24.8 16 39 958 Full nutrition