Instant Pot® Chicken Tacos with Chorizo and Saffron Yogurt Sauce
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 654
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 tacos)
- Combine chicken, chicken broth, onion, and jalapenos in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 20 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute chorizo in the hot pan until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Mix yogurt and saffron together in an electric blender or food processor until blended and saffron starts to turn the yogurt yellow. Place in the refrigerator until chicken is done.
- Lightly oil a pan placed over medium heat. Fry tortillas lightly until the bubbles in the flour turn brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Release pressure from the cooker using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 40 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Cut up chicken breast. Place some onto each tortilla with some of the cooked onion and jalapenos. Drizzle with saffron yogurt sauce. Serve with lime wedges.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I normally find chorizo at my local Mexican bodega because the chorizo sold in normal grocery stores is dried and tends to be more of a Spanish than Mexican chorizo.
Per Serving: 654 calories; 40.3 32.5 39.7 155 1484 Full nutrition