Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Tacos with Broccoli Slaw
"A slow cooker allows the chicken to get so tender, it just shreds apart while soaking up the delicious marinade. These are a perfect combination of sweet, tangy, and spicy in a tacolicious bite! I use a microplane rasp grater for the ginger and lime. Makes 4 soft taco-sized portions or 8 fajita-sized portions! Enjoy!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 20 m servings 399
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 tacos)
- Set a slow cooker to High and add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Whisk brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, onion powder, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes together in a small mixing bowl.
- Place chicken and garlic into the slow cooker, sprinkle with sea salt, and stir. Pour in soy sauce mixture and combine. Turn the slow cooker to Low and cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 4 hours.
- Whisk ginger, soy sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, rice vinegar, cider vinegar, honey, and lime zest for slaw in a large mixing bowl. Add broccoli slaw mix, cilantro, and green onion. Toss to combine and chill in the refrigerator until serving.
- Place sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, Sriracha, and lime juice into a small mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Wrap tortillas in foil.
- Cook in the preheated oven until warm, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place taco filling evenly on tortillas, top with broccoli slaw, and drizzle with sauce.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- The broccoli slaw is best if prepared 15 to 20 minutes prior to serving.
- You can also warm the tortillas in a microwave for a few seconds.
Per Serving: 399 calories; 17.7 34.8 33 78 575 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Yum, the chicken was wonderful , the slaw was good, after trying as is it was a touch bland so I added a bit more cider vinegar & rice vinegar, perfect, the bang bang sauce was bang on, this rec...