Grilled Chicken Nachos with Lime Crema
"Marinated and grilled chicken breast and a blend of Mexican cheese nachos topped with lime crema and cilantro. I created this dish to pair with Vermentino wine which is customarily served with seafood. The pair worked really well and I had many requests for the nacho recipe. I kind of just did it, so use this as a guideline and make it your own!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 787
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Whisk tequila, oil, lime juice, cilantro, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and cayenne for marinade together in a bowl. Place chicken slices into a plastic bag, add marinade, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, lime zest and juice, and enough heavy cream to make crema thin enough together in a bowl and refrigerate.
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook chicken on the preheated grill until caramelized and no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Lay tortilla chips out in a single layer over two cookie sheets. Mix pepper Jack and Mexican cheese together and sprinkle half of the mixture over the chips. Cut the grilled chicken into bite-sized pieces and distribute evenly over cheese. Top chicken with remaining cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, 10 to 15 minutes. Drizzle lime crema over nachos and sprinkle with cilantro.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I refrigerate the crema in a plastic mustard bottle that I picked up at the Dollar Store and then just squeeze it out in diagonal stripes over the nachos. Makes it look fancy!
Per Serving: 787 calories; 52.2 54.1 26.2 87 780 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1