Orange Creamsicle® Cupcakes
8 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 424
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 cupcakes)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or grease with butter.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter together in a separate bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then add milk, vanilla extract, and orange extract slowly.
- Pour batter evenly into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Beat butter for frosting with a mixer on high speed; mix in powdered sugar. Add heavy cream 1 tablespoon at a time. Add orange extract and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes.
- Combine orange, orange juice, cornstarch, and powdered sugar for glaze in a saucepan. Stir until all lumps are gone. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and let simmer, stirring every few seconds, for 5 minutes. Strain orange out of the glaze into a container. Pour a little glaze over each frosted cupcake.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- The orange extract in the cupcakes can be replaced with 2 teaspoons orange juice.
Per Serving: 424 calories; 18 62.6 3.4 78 83 Full nutrition