Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 340
Original recipe yields 25 servings (25 sandwich cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine white sugar, brown sugar, and butter for cookies in a mixing bowl. Beat until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt together in a bowl. Mix into butter mixture on low speed until well combined. Mix in oats and carrots, followed by raisins and walnuts.
- Chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Scoop batter onto the prepared baking sheets using a tablespoon-sized scoop, leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are set, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese in a mixing bowl to soften. Add butter and mix until combined. Beat in confectioners' sugar, followed by vanilla extract. Beat 30 seconds more to lighten.
- Spread frosting onto one cooled cookie. Sandwich together with another. Repeat with remaining cookies.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use 1 cup raisins or 1 cup finely chopped walnuts instead of 1/2 cup of each.
- I like to flatten the scoops of dough out with my finger a little bit so that the cookies spread more while they are baking but this is just my personal preference, you don't have to.
Per Serving: 340 calories; 16.7 45.7 3.7 52 134 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1