Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 265
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 rolled cakes)
- Combine carrots and 1 teaspoon sugar in a saucepan; add water to cover. Cover the pan, bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook until fork tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain carrots, mash with a fork, and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease two 10x15-inch baking pans and line with parchment paper. Lightly grease parchment paper and dust with flour.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 to 7 minutes. Beat in 2 cups white sugar until thick. Mix in mashed carrots and vanilla extract. Fold in flour mixture. Spread batter into the prepared baking pans and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top springs back when lightly touched, 10 to 12 minutes.
- While cakes are baking, dust 2 linen towels with confectioners' sugar.
- Remove cakes from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Run a table knife around the edges to loosen. Invert each cake carefully onto the sugar-dusted towels. Peel off parchment paper and roll cakes up in the towels to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, butter, caramel topping, and vanilla extract for the frosting in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Gradually mix in confectioners' sugar until fluffy.
- Carefully unroll cakes and spread filling to 1 inch from the edges. Roll up cakes, cover, and chill until serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I find if I freeze the cake until serving it cuts much more neatly.
Per Serving: 265 calories; 11.5 38.2 3.9 61 241 Full nutrition