Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 35 m servings 576
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Generously spray a slow cooker with cooking spray. Place a layer of potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Repeat until all potatoes have been used.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until bubbling. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly add milk and continue to cook, whisking continually, until thick, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in garlic.
- Remove from the heat and add Cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese has melted, placing it back on the heat briefly if necessary, being careful the mixture doesn't scorch. Pour cheese sauce over the potatoes. Shake the slow cooker a bit (do not stir!) to allow cheese sauce to reach all the way to the bottom.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours or on High for 4 hours, until potatoes are tender and fully cooked.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- To lighten the recipe, use a sharp Cheddar made with 2% milk and skim milk. You can also add in ham or bacon or other yummy ingredients. It's a great way to use leftover Christmas ham.
Per Serving: 576 calories; 29.9 54.5 23.9 91 490 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1